Friday, February 16, 2007

Random Thoughts....

Its been really long since I have blogged. Lots of things have been happeneing around me. Some of which, I really wanted to blog on, but never found the time for... and it is kind of a little too late to blog on them...

There are some other nagging issues which I am finding a little tough to graple with...

Well here go some random and some not so random thoughts...

ROBOTIX 2007: For the first time I really felt I am out of KGP. Four years in IIT have seen me grow with this event. The year long planning and those 3 days of extreme activity. I missed the event this time. I missed every minute of it. Some of my juniors did call up on the event, some barely having any energy or throat power to speak! The turnout this year was amazing, 540+ teams I am told over 1400 participants. All those memories come flying back... the 220 teams in my third year, a 10 time rise in the number of teams.... it seems ROBOTIX has finally tipped (The Tipping Point, Malcom Gladwell)....simply great job guys.. I am proud of all u guys... I am proud of being a robotix alum...... awesome.. this blog written by a junior kind of gives you an idea of what it feels like being at the event.... and also of what I have missed this time :(

App, Job responses in IIT: A lot of good friends have been getting their app calls and jobs. I have a good idea of what it feels like when you are rewarded for all your hardwork with something you always wanted... The level of excitement in people's voices after they have cracked a job or recieved an app call is simply awesome. The feeling of having accomplished something gives you a high for some time... and the feeling never tends to sink in I guess... congrats to all you guys..

Seeds of change: a lot of things in life have changed over the past few months.... since I left IIT.... lots of new friends.... lots of changes in lifestyle... lots of changes in the way I used to think.... I guess I am a little more compassionate and less brash now.... a lot of other developments have left me a little confused lately :P .... and before your minds start racing.. it is not abt MIT....

My Job: Coming to THE thing finally.... the installation and comissioning for my first project is going to start in a few days... the amount of chaos around reminds me of my third year illu.... the illu that changed my life... those 15 days.. those 40 people.... those nightouts.... the amount of chaos that existed... chaos till the very last diya was lit... and then RK won.... that win still gives me goose bumps.... the kind of confidence that win gave me was awesome ... there was no looking back i guess...... if we could pull of that illu... we can pull of anything i guess....... more on that illu in this old blog of mine. The amount of chaos in this case is also similar. Lot of food for thought. Lots of things to learn (both on the soft and funda side), and its all like a crash course..... a simply amazing experience as of now... I just hope it ends off well.....

I guess some of the above thoughts were just a little too random....

Coming to some other things.... have been thinking of taking an IPR course.... have had to get involved with some patent law lately.... and must tell u.... it sure is interesting... and there is a lot to learn and do in patent law also... patents have their own attached philosophy....

Offlate have been allowing life to drive me ahead.... very much unlike the control freak i was in kgp.... I guess I have been consulting too many people on too many things... but I am not sure if it is right time for me to take my own calls.... atleast on some things I guess I will start pushing things myself........ I guess it is better to learn from my mistakes rather not learn anything without making them at all....

Otherwise life has been beautiful for sometime now.... but there is this sense of opportunity in the air.... which used to exist in kgp.... which is somehow vanished...

Have bought about a dozen books of late..... have not read any of them... have not been pushing myself hard enough I guess....

Saw Rocky Balboa recently.... awesome movie... especially some of those dialogoues..... " its not how hard you get hit.... its about how hard you get hit and still move on......"

7 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Anjai said...

well written. I guess life is a lot more hectic than it used to be in kgp. :( but yeah..more fun maybe :)

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Sunny said...

Tempo se Reddy da! :-)

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Indira Priyadarshini Emmadi said...

I shud say,, I'm confused.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger kpowerinfinity said...

I guess I am a little more compassionate and less brash now.... a lot of other developments have left me a little confused lately

I smell something!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger arunangshughatak said...

Redds i have the same question as kekda had.. if u were brash while in IIT Kharagpur, then i really wonder u must be the epitome of politeness and blah blah..
Whats the reason behind this change ?

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger aneesh said...

@anjai: haan life is king size here :)

@sunny: ek dum guru..

@indira: well a lot of people say my thoughts are confusing :P

@kpower: guru...tum bahut sara dots connect karke picture banane ka koshish mat karna... kahin tumara hi picture nahin nikal aaye :P

@dadu: sach main u found me polite in kgp... stuns me!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Mayank said...

hmmmmm......hmm.....hmmmmmmmm........hmmmmmmm !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home