Friday, July 28, 2006

Why a new blog?

Its been over an year since I last blogged. Well I kind of quit blogging an year ago probably because I ran out of ideas, and more so because of the paucity of time. The last one year is been, well to say the least, demanding, and I guess I did well, and surely very rewarding.

Now coming to the question why a new blogger address. Well the last one year is really put me through a lot of different situations, and it surely has changed me, hopefully for the good. And I hope I will update this blog of mine more regularly. I sure have a lot of things I would like to write about: my final year at KGP (it couldn’t have been better I guess), some amazing high points in life, and finally some really different decisions that I have made by choice, or sometimes I have been forced to take.

Well for a quick round up, I am right now in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh. Well I have joined ITC, and my first training stint happens to be in here (June 20th – August 4th). We are a group of six AUT’s (Assistant Manager Under Training). All IITians representing 5 IIT’s. Well coming to Saharanpur, and more so to ITC Saharanpur. ITC SRE is very much like KGP, a small place in the middle of nowhere. Its like we have the residential area right adjacent to the Factory, and all the Managers stay in the “Park”, as the residential area is called in ITC. The campus like all IIT’s has all sports and fitness facilities. It also has a nice club house.

I have been having a ball here at Saharanpur. My normal day begins like 8 in the morning, get up have a bath, reach our conference room around 8:30 – 9:00. We generally have a few lectures and shop floor visits daily. We break around 4:30 PM. Then I go swimming whenever I feel like. Sometimes I go to the gym, sometimes I just sit and browse on the net, and chat. Then we have dinner around 9 PM. One thing bad about life in SRE is the internet policy of ITC-ITD. All Web-based email, ORKUT, Yahoo Messenger are blocked in the office. Yep each of us have been given a laptop, and we have also been given internet access. So we have to log on later in the night using my Reliance phone to check mail. Well that is like a typical day for me.

But we have these parties rather frequently. Lets say about two parties a week. I have also been to Mussorie, Dehradun, Haridwar, Rishikesh, and to good old Kharagpur in the weekends. Well we AUT’s also did a skit here, ‘Gabbar Cut’ in of the parties. Will write about all this and more very soon. That is more like what is going on in my life right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home